I picked up 2 new sets of headphones tonight because they were on sale (and because they’re awesome)
Here are my other purchases from Comiccon.
Can you pick up on the theme?
"I’m not going to be one of those dudes who spends hundreds of dollars on toys."
Will I be respected more as an adult if I get:
Star Trek Checks,
Or Iron Man Checks?
I have no words to express how happy I am. This thing is loaded with a ton of stuff!!!
So, the only thing that makes me happy these days is watching The Avengers (4 times in theaters,
5 times from a torrented copy), so I decided to rewatch all of the Phase 1 movies. In my opinion, here is how I rank them.
1) The Avengers - Of course this is #1, I don’t need to explain.
2) Thor - For some reason I never think of this one as my favourite of the stand alone films, until I rewatch it, and then I realize that it is such a fun movie filed with comedy/drama/action and it is paced really well.
3) Iron Man - It’s funny to watch this movie again after seeing The Avengers so many times, because as much as Tony is quick witted and funny, he is also very dark and intense at some times. You can tell that they were trying to infuse a lot of darkness/emotion into the character in order to transform him into a believable superhero.
4) Iron Man 2 - In the first movie, Robert Downey Jr. was playing a character, but I believe that after the release of IM1, and it’s unpredicted popularity, he started acting like Tony off camera, and on talk shows, so it was much easier to act like Tony on Camera. This is when RDJ became Iron Man.
5) The Incredible Hulk -All I’m going to say is that I relate to Bruce Banner in some ways. I love this movie, but it’s not the best of them.
6) Captain America: The First Avenger - Again, I loved this movie but I felt like sometimes it took itself too seriously (not always, but sometimes). Also, I had a hard time relating to the character of Captain America, you know, because of the whole “Being Canadian” thing, so the American patriotism stuff didn’t d anything for me.
In conclusion, these are some of my favourite movies of all time, I will rewatch them over, and over, and over, and over. I hope Phase 2 can live up to all of these expectations. (I’m way too excited for Ant-man)